Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:17 PM   #1

I know there is a lot of information regarding this subject and I'm sure we won't save the photo world here. What I'm looking for is opions regarding if the difference in $$$$ is worth it? I've read a lot of good for both and it seems that the Canon is coming out on top for a price. I notice that there are rebate out there for the Nikon which makes me wonder if Nikon is about to introduce a new camera and trying to move the D70 off the shelf. Know anything about that as well?

Prior accessories don't come into play since I have none for either camera. I see a lot of die hard users on both sides of the fence that wouldn't use the other even if was a better camera. I'm looking for people that don't share this opinion.
sflac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:24 PM   #2

Canon lenses tend to be less expensive than Nikon. Figure that into your pricing and I think you'll find the Canon will actually be cheaper if you buy a few lenses. The 20D is better than the D70 and the Nikon upgrade to the D70 may be better than the Canon 20D. The CMOS sensor has less noise than the CCD. That may be why Nikon seems to be going over to it.
hkrautter is offline   Reply With Quote