Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:02 AM   #1

Hi ,

I have a conon A95, which is a good camera but with a meaky 3X optical. I need big zoom capability. I've read that you can attach lense to this camera. Does attaching lens increases the zooming capability of A95? Which type/make of lens i should buy. In short i need to expand my A95 for 10X optical zoom. If this can be done then which is the best lens to buy along with all necessary acceories.Does image stabilization be a factor after attaching the lens.

or is it a good idea in first place to attach lense rather than buying anew camera altogether.

prasrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:04 PM   #2

You can attach lenses to your A95 but will need a $20 adapter (can't remember exact number). Canon makes a teleconverter (about $150) that fits but is only about 1.5X making your zoom about 4.5X total. I doubt there is any teleconverter of any quality that will give you 10X.

If you really need high zoom, consider the Panasonic FZ series or if you want to stick with Canon, the IS. There are other high zoom cameras that would probably better suit your needs.

Image stabilization is very important at higher zooms and with slower shutter speeds needed in lower light. Somewhere around 6X you'll start to notice image blurring due to camera shake.

srvsd is offline   Reply With Quote