Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:07 PM   #1

I'm leaning heavily towards purchasing the Rebel XT, but want to make sure the lens I select is going to complement my pics as much as possible. I have three young children, who factor heavily into a majority of our pictures. We also travel quite a bit (somehow the kids always end up in most of those photos as well).

I'm hoping to select a nice quality lens without a crazy price (sub $400)and would love to hear your experienced opinions. This is my first Digital SLR, I own the Canon S70 point and shoot and the 35mm Rebel as well. I have a Canon 75-300 EF zoom lens from my film slr (which I guess translates to about 120-480 zoom) which I should be able to use.

Zoom isn't critical, as the 8mp should allow me some freedom to crop as necessary, but keep in mind when taking pics of a 3 year old, sometimes if you scoot closer or farther, they do the same, or run away altogether!

I try to take pics outside as much as possible, but indoors happens, too. Thanks for your opinions!
hsuthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links