Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Apr 6, 2005, 6:39 PM   #1

At 70mm f4.0 one corner of the lens is quite blurry. The attached image is a composite of four shots that were taken with the same object in alternate corners of the frame. The images were loaded into PSP9, zoomed to 200% and tiled. You can see that the upper left corner is bad. The lower left is better but still not up to the sharpness of the right side. The effect is also visible at 200mm, but not as pronounced. I just got this lens and I am new to digital SLR photography, so my questions is:

Is there something wrong with this lens, or am I expecting too much? I assumed that I should expect better of this lens, maybe I'm wrong. Overall it is very sharp wide open, but I expected it to be more consistent.

I just got this lens so I still have time to return it for a refund or exchnge. DO you think I should swap it for another copy?

Attached Images
wadechafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:29 AM   #2

I'm assuming you used a tripod to eliminate the possibility of camera movement. If so I think you might have a bad lens. I do not own this lens but from what I have read in reviews it should have better resolution than what your's displays.
jdrandall is offline   Reply With Quote