Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 5, 2005, 6:41 PM   #11

some more suggestions, check the community colleges in your area, most of them offer course in photography, and some also offer courses in wedding photography. I took one before I shot my neices wedding and it made all the difference in the world. It sounds like this is something you want to do professionally anyway.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Eric and Randy aren't kidding about the wedding photography though, if there was ever a profession that Murphy's Law applies to that would be it. I was pretty lucky with my neices wedding and came away with some good photos. If you have a couple of 1GB cards my suggestion would be to fill them up with pictures, the more you have the more chances you have of getting several that really good, a quite a few the good enough.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"if you would like I could e-mail the work sheet for the wedding photography course that I took, it is basiclly an outline with some of my hand written notes, but some very good info.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 10:56 PM   #12

thanks for the tips caboose...

I am actually a wedding planner but for this wedding I will be making my assistants coordinate the wedding so I can take the pictures. This will be my friend's wedding this summer.

You mentioned that I should set my lens for manual focus when there isn't that much light...I will have to try that tip out ..

I just need to make sure I get the correct equipment whether it be lenses and flashes and all the other equipment.

You mentioned that you had a wedding work sheet..if you can please email it to me at sencor56@hotmail.com

that would be appreciated.

thanks caboose

roseisrosey is offline   Reply With Quote