Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:39 AM   #1

I have not heard much about this lens, so I am assuming that its not the greatest thing out there, but hey. . .its a f/2.8 and many are selling on ebay for under $75!
Pop that on a DSLR and you have a 38mm f/2.8 lens.

Any comments on this lens?
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:49 AM   #2
Super Moderator

this is an older design.. and a rather cheap design at that.. i doubt its really even worth the 75USD..

canon makes a 28 2.8 that isn't too bad for the price.. can probably find it used for 100-125 dollars.. would be a much better bargain..

another option would be a cheaper zoom.. i recently acquired a toking 28-70 2.8 atx-pro pretty cheap.. gives you a constant 2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range.. it ain't pretty, but its solid, and the image quality at least on my copy is comparable to the tamron 28-75 2.8.. i have seen this goin on ebay for approx 150-160USD..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:54 PM   #3

Sigma has a 28mm f/1.8 that you can find for around $100. that would be a better choice over the 24mm f/2.8. I'm debating getting on myself since I'm having a hard time finding the new 30mm f/1.4. About $350 for that one if you can find one.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote