Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:13 PM   #1

I'm about to purchase a Canon Digital Rebel XT, body only. I need to make a decision as to what lense to buy for it.I'm an amateur with cameras. But,I do take a lot of digital pictures and make┬* slideshows with music, then burn it onto a dvd.I then watch it on tv, and love doing it all....I could use some expert opinions of what lense would be best for the XT.So, here's an idea of how I use my camera, and I hope it helps me get the right lense that you might suggest:1.┬* I take many indoor shots inside theaters with only the existing stage light with no flash.2.┬* I like to take "continuous mode" shots of my grandkids who move as fast as┬* ┬* ┬*the speed of sound. Usually taken either outside on the lawn, or inside with the┬* ┬* ┬*flash off most of the time. So again, "existing light" to contend with here....3.┬* Inside the theater, if I'm unlucky to get seated somewhere in the rear, I'd like┬* ┬* ┬*to be able to get good "zoom" shots, again, with the flash off, and only with existing┬* ┬* ┬*stage light.4.┬* As for a "zoom", I don't really do any zoom pictures, except when seated in the rear of ┬* ┬*┬* ┬* ┬*the theater, where I can only hope for the best....I don't think my requirements are that difficult or strange to find a proper lense solution for.But, I do know that I'd probably want "Image Stabilization" since it would help with someslower shutter speeds.┬* ┬*┬* ┬*I would even consider purchasing two (2) lenses in a decent price range, if that would┬* ┬* ┬*help me solve taking pictures with no flash, and in low existing light....┬* ┬*┬* ┬*I'd appreciate any info before I make a mistake and purchase the wrong lense.┬* ┬*┬* ┬*Thanks
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links