Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:06 AM   #1

On FridayAug. 19th at 5:30PM Eastern Time, I ordered a Sigma 10-20mm lens in the Canon Mount from Allens Camera and Video in Levittown, PA.for $499.99. Iplaced the order withALLEN who kindly agreed topackage and ship the lens to me via UPS 2nd Day Air just 10 minutes before UPS was to arrive to pick up their outgoing packages.

Iasked Allen if he had more of these lens in stock and he said yes. I told himI would like to post a message to this forum regarding availabilityof the lens at his business and he had no objection to my doing so.

The toll free telephone number at Allens Camera and Video is: 1-888 547-2841

This is the first order I have placed with Allens Camera and Videoafter having read excellent recommendations about them from members of either this forum or the DPReview Canon lens forum.

I have no association with Allens Camera and Video, Sigma, or any other photographic concern. Just thought you guys would want to know that the lens was available from this store especially since it appears not to be available any other placeI tried, including B&H, Adorama, and several other places.

I actually called Allens Camera and Video to place an order for the Tokina 12-24 F4 lensand for curiosity sake inquired when they expected the Sigma lens to arrive. I was then told the Sigma 10-20 lens wasin-stock and available now.It pays to ask.

nedl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:21 PM   #2

I ordered mine from sigma4less on friday, should be here tomorrow, can't wait!
limbiksys is offline   Reply With Quote