Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:15 PM   #1

I am planning to purchase a Canon 350D body and am looking for reccomendations on lenses. I am considering the Sigma 30mm 1.4 and the Tamron AF 18-200mm 3.5-6.3 XRDiII.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions regarding these lenses?

jb996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:51 PM   #2

I just now noticed that you didn't have any responses, and that your query was about lenses for a Canon Rebel XT.

So that you may have a better chance of getting some useful responses, I've moved this thread down to our Canon Lenses Forums, where you may find someCanon users that can give you some feedback on these lenses (lenses from 3rd party manufacturers are discussed in this forum, too).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:23 AM   #3

The 18-200 is great if you don't want to change lenses a lot and need a wide to telephoto zoom. Sigma makes one as well. The Sigma 30 f/1.4 is terrific. I love mine.
SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:44 PM   #4
Super Moderator

i'd say that would be a good starting kit for your rebel xt.. the 18-200 is really quite nice for something with that kind of range... and the 30 1.4 is one of the sharpest lenses made right now in that price range (great lowlight and full length portrait lens)..

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote