Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jan 28, 2006, 5:58 PM   #1

I am posting in this forum because this is where I learned the most.

I have been seriously following this forum sinceJuly 2005. I never posted a question...only searched & listened to what was being said.

Because of all the valuable information from all the WONDERFULL members, I was able to make the right purchase (with-in my price range at the time ) for me.

Last Sep't. I bought: Digital RebelXT ( Black ), Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR DI LD,Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 LD 1:2 macro,Canon 50mm 1.8.

Since then, I have replaced the 19-35mm with the Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 DI LD, and am now looking to replace the 70-300mm with the Sigma 100-300 f/4. I can see long primes (Canon) in my future as well.

I have started posting some of my work & am grateful for all of your comments & critique's.

A very personal THANK-YOU to all the members that take the time to post. (I really enjoy your commraderie). Without your knowledge & opinions, I would never have known where to start & where to go from there.

You Guys & Gals are great!!

Kath ( Lizabeth ) Belmore

P.S. Love the camera & enjoy photography almost as much as fishing!

lizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:06 AM   #2

I checked out some of your pics, nice work. I am originally from N.Y and recognized some of those east coast birdies that we don't have here in WA. Miss em!

I am new just like you were, also learning a ton by just reading.

I too have the rebel xt and love it so far, all six days that I have owned it. My questions have been about getting myself a few good lenses. Now by reading from all these helpful photo guys and gals I have a better understanding of what to get.

But anyway, nice to read one from someone that was in the same boat as I am now.and by looks ofyour pictures it has worked. There is hope for me

Billy G
picturethis62 is offline   Reply With Quote