Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 18, 2006, 3:22 PM   #1

Ive been looking at the sigma 28-200mm F3.5-5.6 DG macro lens and ive read a bunch of reviews some good and some bad and its hard to decide. i have a rebel xt with the kit lens and im used to the kit lens quality and preformace and im happy with it but i would like a little more zoom. when reading reviews its easy to talk bad about alens when you can afford more expensive lenses. so my question is if you have this lens what do you think about it?
badhabbit05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2006, 3:35 PM   #2

Why not go for the Sigma 18-200mm DC?
-> It 'fits' your camera better and you can leave the kit lens at home... :idea:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 4:25 PM   #3

I do not have this lens, but had a chance to look at some test pictures. I would say it is generally good lens with some softness at corners which will not be visible unless you do big enlargements or zoom in 1:1 on the screen.

It also looks better than equivalent Tamron lens - sharper and less CA ('fringing'). If you do not want to spend to much money, there is no substantially better lens in that category. Also you can look at some test pictures on the SIGMA TESTS topic.

Again, if you can, the best thing is buy one and see for yourself! In case you do not like it, you can return it.

GM2006 is offline   Reply With Quote