Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old May 30, 2006, 3:53 PM   #11

I did some more tests and had some correspondence with Klaus over at photozone (he is the one that reviewed all those lenses).

After more photos of the tamron on my camera and the tamron on my friend's 20d it appears the lens is front focusing and is sharper on the right side than on the left by a substancial degree at 17mm and f2.8 (much morso than a 17-40L, albeit at f4, that I tested on my camera which is what my friend owns). It seems that the lens probably has an elment centering issue from what we could tell. On his 20d the tamronlens preformed just as poorly as it did on my camera (so that means it isn't my camera that is defective fortunelty).

That said, I am returning the lens to ritzcamera.com and decided to purchase locally even though that means I will have to pay tax and loose the $20 rebate ritzcamera.com was offering.

I would rather have the easy option to return if something is wrong in this case (as I could potentially have a bad copy on the next lens). Nevertheless my camera appears to be okay, which I am happy about as it would of been even harder to return as I would have to contact B&H by tomorrow (the 7th day).
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote