Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:36 PM   #1

Recently, I took my Sigma 170-500mm telephoto lens to a local camera shop to try to find a digital camera to replace my film camera. On the advice of the salesman who took one good picture in the store, I bought a Canon Rebel XT. Now when the lens is on I get one good pic followed by 5 error messages. When I disconnect and reconnect the lens I get one good pic again and the process repeats. The camera shop denies responsibility.

SO... my question is... is there an adaptor that may help solve my problem?
pjhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:44 PM   #2

so the salesman didnt get the error message in the store,or did he not tell you about it?I dont think there is a adaptor for this,but I know that sigma rechips their lenses as long as they are still in production.I assume that this isnt your lens - APO 170-500mm F5-6.3 DG?

Well good luck

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 7:18 PM   #3

Sigma supports its lenses. You can get your older lens rechipped to work with newer Canon products. My experience with Sigma customer service has been 1000 times better than Canon. Just get the phone number from their website and call. They'll take care of you.
wburychka is offline   Reply With Quote