Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:02 AM   #1

Has anyone used the Tokina 28-70mm zoom f/2.8 lens? If you what do you think about it. I am looking at possibly buying one to upgrade from the kit lens on my Rebel and XT. Yes I am looking for the f/2.8 at all zoom. Thanks for input.
k1par is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:50 PM   #2

Haven't tried the Tokina 28-70 f2.8 but I do have the Tamron 28-75 f2.8 and I recently purchased the Tamron 17-50 F2.8. Ipurchased the Tamron 17-50 based on my great experience with the 28-75. I thought about waiting for the Tokina 16-50 F2.8 but decided that I was wasting "pic" time. So far the tamron is working well. It is noisy and will occasionally hunt trying to focus but otherwise the pics have been reasonably sharp.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:58 PM   #3

I was thinking about this same lens as its price is around $250. Only one person has told me that it is soft at F2.8 but it gets better at or about F4. I decided not to get it.

This site has some info which you can consider http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/len...0_28/index.htm

After this I have not bothered to follow up looking for more info on this particular lens.

Good luck.
SA Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote