Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:22 AM   #11

Sawyer Duvall wrote:
Besides, I usually shoot in aperture priority mode, so would not even miss the portrait feature.

I believe the issue is with how the IS behaves when your camera is in portrait ORIENTATION - regardless of what shooting mode you're in. I don't have the lens so I can't speak to the issue personally but that is my understanding. So, IF your lens had the issue (note I say IF) - you would still encounter the problem shooting in AV mode. I also believe it's an issue when you're panning not staying steady (i.e. a mode 2 issue).
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:42 PM   #12

John, you are absolutely correct. I was trying to complete my message too quickly. Fortunately, my 70-300 does not have the problem with the portrait or vertical (camera "on its side") orientation. But, I understand that may of theselenses do have that problem. Thanks for catching my mistake
Sawyer Duvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:24 PM   #13

New Egg has this lense $419.99 with $5.46 Three Day Shipping... I should have it by Friday. I just boughtthe Sigma 80-400 OS APO DG from B&H for my 20D. Vacation in 2 weeks, pictures to follow...
Bogus1 is offline   Reply With Quote