Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon Lenses

Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:38 AM   #1

Hello all,

I am a digital photography novice and looking for your opinion.I recently got a Canon SD 700 IS from ButterflyPhoto.com.The only thing wrong with the camera is it had one dead pixel on the LCD.

Is it worth returning the camera?

(I looked at Best Buy and Circuit City, and both the demo models did not have this problem.)

Thanks for your advice
DeadByDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:29 PM   #2

Personally I would be inclined to return the camera.* The unfortunate part is that you will be out the cost of shipping.* But that is no different than the travel costs of getting in your car and driving to the store.* The worst part is the waiting for the camera to be returned.* I can not comment about Butterflyphoto since I have no experience with them.* Another option would be to notify Canon about the problem and have them repair the camera under warranty.* I have had Canon service my camera and the experience was good and they were very prompt.First choice would still be to get butterfly to replace the camera.* If you do not you will always be annoyed at that dead pixel.Good Luck.
Ctrack is offline   Reply With Quote