Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:26 PM   #21

I know this isn't going to help, but just to close the loop I eventually found that it was my cardreader inmy laptop that was causing the problem. Once i used a different card reader (or just used the camera diretly) then I didn't have a problem.

Still, it's made me super cautious now and i take care to have my photos backed up before i mess with cards.
deskBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:29 PM   #22

Thanks. In my case I didn't even try a card reader - was half way through the memory card taking pictures and the batteries dies. When the new batteries went in the card was dead.
ramayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:31 AM   #23

My S3 IS took out my SanDisk Ultra II 1GB Plus USB beyond all use. It won't read in S3 IS, another camera, in two different readers, or directly with the USB.

The card was freshly formatted to SD Specifications using Panasonic SD Formatter full format.
itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:36 PM   #24

Hi, I have the same "Memory Card Error" problem with my S3. It works fine with the 16 meg cannon card. I put in a new pny 1 gig card, and got this error. So I take the 1 gig SanDisk card out of my S2 camera and put it into the S3, same error.

So, I have a S2 camera, and the pny 1 gig SD card and the sandisk 1 gig SD card both work with the S2, but they will NOT work with the S3.....

(I have tried formating the cards with both the S2, and my card reader, fat and fat32, quick and low level)......

As a software tester, I can't believe that Canon would be so cheap to not test thier cameras with all of the SD on the market.....

SFHunter is offline   Reply With Quote