Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:11 AM   #1

I have to admit this camera, the S800IS expected to hit the market next month, quite excites me.

I like Canon point and shoots, and I particularly like my A640. But I have been so wanting a wider-angle lens for some time. Some smart peopleoften say just move backwards, but I have been in so manycircumstances where, for the perfectcandid shot that was simply not possible. And I've always preferred wide overtele.I just couldn't go Panasonic because of all the noisy sample images I've seen, typically accompanied by professional reviews warning of the same thing. And though there are some older models that go to 28, I think this S800IS may be the one that becomes my P&S of choice. Sure it goes to ISO 1600. It may even have a limited manual mode (that would be pretty sweet - if that's what Camera M means). But that stabilized 28-105mm lens, on a Canon point and shoot no less, has tempted me to do thepre-order right now and plunk my amazing, yet never quite wide enough A640 on the used market.

An odd confessional I suppose, butI am glad Canon have finally decided to address this niche. Hopefully the S800IS proves a winner. Based on my past experiences, I am optimistic.
twmangrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links