Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 2, 2003, 2:14 PM   #1
Default OK, I'm ready to buy my G3. But where...

I've been peeping in and out of here for awhile and love the unbiased reporting. Thanks!

Now, my first post is a biggie: I've set my sites on the Canon G3. It has everything I've been looking for in a digicam. Unfortunately, The prices online vary like crazy. I've been told to shy away from the "New York" dealers - you know, the ones with the lowest prices. But I am open to suggestions.

Who do you trust?

t-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:19 PM   #2

Think the G3 took a price drop.

Over here in western canada it sells for $999 and not $1099 like it was a week or two ago.

Though the place I work for, does not have an online shopping part to the company yet. Funny how we're the 2nd largest electronics retailer in western canada and don't do the online thing yet.
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:27 PM   #3

I ordered mine from Dell. I got it during one of their periods of time where Dell offered free shipping on orders over $50 in addition to 10% off. But I would consider waiting a little longer. Canon has released its G5 (the G3 with a 5 MP imager). Once the G5 is more widely available, you might decede that you like it better, or , if you still want the G3,the prices may drop another $100 or so.

Canon has sample images posted on their site www.powershot.com
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 5:15 PM   #4

I would highly recommend B&H photo. It is a NY firm but not anything like the others. They get high ratings from everybody. I have been dealing with them for years - great service, good prices and no games. They are probably one of the largest dealers in the US.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 8:44 AM   #5
Default Where to buy G3

I bought mine at ButterflyPhoto.com. I was very skeptical with all of the NY issues, but it was a great price and I checked out numerous web evaluations on their service and they had a good rating. My experience was very easy and recieved my camera within a week of ordering it without a hitch. $536--not bad compared to the best price at a local retailer of $699.
Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:03 PM   #6

I finally bought mine -- at Amazon.com. The price recently dropped $30 (because of the G5 announcement), on top of that I got a $30 discount for using an Amazon credit card, plus free shipping and no taxes. $539 out the door.

Of course, the price will drop even further, but I needed the camera for an upcoming vacation.

t-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 8:55 PM   #7

Check out anyone you are considering buying a camera from at
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote