Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 5, 2003, 12:47 PM   #1
Default A70 user beware! Corrupted data on A70!!

i bought my a70 since last month and i've been using it for a while! The camera doesn't have any problem except those noise n soft image! One day, i simply take a few picture and movie clips of my room. When i tried to replay back my picture and movie...da camera shows 'corrupted data' on the screen with a big question mark on da lcd screen. i try to turn off and turn on my camera again, after that the camera shows that the memory error!!The camera can't even read any photos on the CF card! I reformatted my compact flash twice only the things work in normal again..
did anyone know what causes these problems?

For yours info, i m using kingston 256mb CF card..
Any replies are welcomed.....

Chee Wooi
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:40 PM   #2

I am confounded as to the topic of your message? Beware of what? All cameras and CF cards have defects now and then. Have you tried another CF card? Since CF was born from SanDisk I can only recommend SanDisk. I don't trust any other brand. Your CF card might be defective. Please call Kingston technical support. I am not even going to guess what might be wrong with it.

You statement was very unclear as to what the problem is. Is the problem with the Camera or CF card? For any defects pertaining to the camera you might want to contact Canon for help. Here is Canon's number:

For toll-free technical support, call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).
CanonGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2003, 11:45 PM   #3
Default same problem

i had the same problem with the same kings 256 card while using it on a s400. it only occurs when i fill up all 256 mb and then try to delete pictures from the end. each pictures moves up a spot and then the last few pictures get screwed up.
bardolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2003, 12:34 AM   #4

i am agree with u! i have da same problem when the compact flash is full and try to deleted the last picture...or mebbe try to review back the pictures or movies...sometimes when my rechargable battery is on low power i took it off from my a70 and after awhile i put in in again to review my pictures..this could screwed up a few picture.....also...

is there any alternative solution for this..
and for canonguru sory for confusing you....coz my english is bad.

cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote