Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 15, 2006, 8:19 PM   #1

I recently obtained the CanonA520. When I take more than one shot, it takes very long to recycle to get to the second shot. Are there any solutions or is this the nature of the camera? It is especially frustrating when you are trying to take kids pictures. My previous camera the A70 didnt seem to have this problem. I tried shutting the viewer off and didnt do much good. My only other thought is to get one of those fast ultra SD cards. Will that work???
Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:30 PM   #2

I assume that you are talking about indoor flash pictures? Due to the need to recharge the flash capacitor there will be a delay, this is simply the nature of the beast I'm afraid. These cameras used to recharge faster but they used to use 4 batteries, now they use only 2 to make them smaller and lighter so there is less power available to recharge the flash. A faster SD card will not speed it up, sorry.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:43 PM   #3

If you aren not using the flash, set it to burst mode if you want a succession of shots. The A520 was great at the time for pics and speed compared to others on the same price range.....now it's kinda slow compared to the new models with the Digic II processor. Flash recharge will continue to be a problem with small cameras though.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote