Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 25, 2006, 2:08 AM   #1

I've just purchase a Canon IXUS 800 IS installed the software from the CD into my ThinkPad laptop. When I plug in the camera through the USB, Windows XP asked me for the driver for the camera but the manual said that for Windows XP, no driver is needed because its already installed in XP. So I tried on my other desktop computer and it detects the camera. The driver loaded was ptpusb.dll ptpusd.dll and usbscan.sys. I can't find the ptp*.dll on my thinkpad so that could be the problem but how do I install them into my system in my thinkpad if I copy those files from my desktop to my laptop? Please help, I'm losing my mind over this.

Thank you in advance.
qwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:33 PM   #2

Well I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I see so many post about people having problems with their computers detecting their cameras. The best solution to this problem is to get a card reader. They download your pictures much faster, they don't waste your battery life, and they don't have to detect any cameras.Your rechargable batteries are only good for so many recharges, so why waste them downloading pictures instead of taking pictures. They are cheap too, you can get a really good one for around $20 that will read several different memory card types so if you get another camera with a different media type chances are your card reader will still do the job.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote