Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:18 AM   #1
Default canon 1ds and flash

I have a 1Ds and a ex550 flash. I need and additional external flash to use with the 550. Should I purchase a t2 w/ the turbo pack or just another 550? any thoughts? I many do wedding and hot rod photos, I already and a studio set-up but it is a pain to transport it for location shoots. I also thought about a portable ac/dc monolight?????? just need some expert advice on the purchase, Jim
cucster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2003, 5:03 AM   #2

I already and a studio set-up but it is a pain to transport it for location shoots.
IMO the wireless mode of the 550EX is one of the best feature of the Canon line!

It's up to you but for location there's a huge benefit of not having any cords, which necessitate stands, then clamps, set-up/take down etc... and the extra weight you have to carry

You can have as many 550/420EX as you like with as many as 4 different ratio groups. The camera will control all the flashes wirelessly with TTL nonetheless, and you can even do a Flash Exposure priority with the same AE button on the camera as you would without flash. There's also a modeling function, ie when you stop down the lens to preview, the flashes will emit a series of pulses so you can evaluate their balance and shadows effect! 8)

Only one caveat... recycle time, but I guess you're aware of that with your studio set-up. BTW you can also get an ST-E2 wireless controller which allows you to move/shoot even more freely without a 550EX mounted on the camera!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote