Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:47 AM   #1

My S2-IS was purchased in "refurbished" condition, in October 2006. I arrived in Florida, on January 4, and the camera was fine until a few days ago, I thought it might be a temporary high humidity thing. The LCD screen image is no longer properly reversed when the LCD is flat against the back of the camera. The image mirrors in the horizontal plane, but not in the vertical plane, with the end result being an upside down and backward display. The viewfinder is not affected. All other functions are perfect, as are the pictures. The humidity and temperature both have lowered, but the problem has not gone away. I've set the options to defaults, replaced the clock battery, etc. with nothing having any effect. Canon says to send it to their service center in Elk Grove, IL, but as i'm in Florida I don't want to be without the camera until I return home in April. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there any way to fix it, short of sending it in?
bobf7206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2007, 1:00 PM   #2

This is probably obvious, but have you made sure the Reverse Display option is on in the menus?

Otherwise you can always have it folded out or use the viewfinder until you return home to have it fixed. Theviewfinder is probably a better option anyway in sunny Florida.
Nordicwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 8:33 PM   #3

Although not the same issue, I have also had a problem with my S2 IS display. When I open and twist it so that its flat against the camera, it used to always come on (maybe a switch/sensor in the "catch" on the camera body where it "clicks in"). Now the viewfinder often stays on, and if I hit the display button, it does not come on. I hit the button, flip the screen, twist it a few times, and put it back,and it comes on.
mrb is offline   Reply With Quote