Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 21, 2007, 6:25 PM   #1

I should've also asked in my previous post, is there anything that S3 owners DON'T like about their cameras ?
lmn927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:22 AM   #2

Well, since you asked....

(1) Price. I'd like for it to be down at the $200 price point. For the number of pictures I take, and the size of photos I plan to make, I really can't justify a Digital Rebel (or its price).

(2) Noise. I'd like the lower noise (and better low-light performance you get from a larger sensor) of a dSLR.

(3) I'd like an optical viewfinder since the EVF is hard to get used to (I think dSLRs have them). Yesterday, I put the EVF image a little out of focus (deliberately - with the diopter). I thought that when the image was the least out-of-focus, I would know it was really in focus, and I would shoot the picture. I quickly abandoned this idea.

I'd really like to see the performance of an $800 - $1400 camera for $200. It might be possible to sell the S3 to dealers for less, but Canon has to make a profit, and the dealers do too. I don't want to sound like a complete fanboy, but the S3 is "good enough" for the money compared to a dSLR, and it gives me the best control outside of a dSLR. It meets my expected needs, and it's positioned appropriately in the market.

saturndude is offline   Reply With Quote