Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 18, 2007, 5:16 AM   #1

I bought this camera.. I want to ask some questions about the usage of it..

1- can't I put the date on the photos ? (I couldn't find it)

2- for darker images, and indoor what option should I use ?

thanks.. If I have any other questions I will add here.. ::?
okyanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:19 AM   #2

To make the overall image darker (for the purpose of achieving a higher shutter speed indoorsto combat shaky hands or for a darker subject on a lighter background) set the Exposure Compensation to negative. There are steps down to minus two (f stop equivalents), below that chances are the picture will be unusable.

For the date stamp, its in the left menu (with the camera index tab on top) I won't find use for it because this limitation: itis selectable onlywhen you deliberately set a lower resolution (utilize fewer megapixels for such purposes as getting more pictures onto the memory card).

Unrelated digital camera hints:

ajaynejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:04 AM   #3

I think you should NOT set a negative Exp. compensation. In the Menu set IS (Image stabilisation) to "Shoot Only" and that will allow you for blurr free pictures even without using the Flash. The most flexible mode is the P ("Program"). You can leave the ISO to "Auto" here. If the room is too dark for blurr free pictures without flash, then turn the Flash to Auto and if the room is large you can even adjust the Flash compensation to positive values- stronger flash. You can get some noise free indoor images with the "Portrait" mode as well because it uses a low ISO of 75 (when checked with Exiftool- other programs will show ISO-Auto), and a maximum strong (Large guide number) flash acompanied with stronger Noise reduction.

Using a tripod indoors might help a lot as well to get blurr free images.
Marinjo is offline   Reply With Quote