Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:07 AM   #1

Please help me solve this one: My Canon S3 has performed flawlessly for over a year. This morning I shot my daughter's softball game on a SanDisk 2gb Ultra ll SD card, both pictures and video. I downloaded them using SanDisk ImageMate 8 card reader into my iMac. So far a typical shoot. I then went back for the opening ceremonies and took several more shots. (No reformat on the card, just added more shots like I've done several times before. Now when I try to download the other pics and video do show up, as if they were never shot at all. A few of these pics and video were shown to other people on location, so I know they were shot and played back just fine. But now, no new pics at all. How could this happen? I've never had a digital camera that dropped all new images shot. I'm not crazy but I probably will be if I don't get those pics to show up. Thanks for any help you can give.
digime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:17 PM   #2

I'm going through the same problem right now.

It sounds similar to this thread:
and yes it's driving me crazy too.

ramayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 1:09 PM   #3

Does this camera have internal memory? It is possible that if it does, the pictures go to the internal memory if the memory card gets full. You need to either connect the camera to the computer to download those or transfer the pictures to the memory card using some function in the camera itself. That is IF the camera has internal memory.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote