Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 18, 2007, 6:47 PM   #1

I have had my S3 for about 7 months now and take a fare amount of pics, mostly in the fall while on outdoor related trips. I posted when I got the cam for advice and have tried to follow it, I just feel I am not getting quality pics when I see others from cheaper cameras.

Most of the advice I got when I posted last time was to leave the camera in P mode as it would take the best pics and let the camera do most of the deciding what was best. I dont feel confident enough to use manual mode as most of my shots are last minute and in a hurry catching wildlife that pop out.

Are there any menu settings I might look at or something I am missing ? More or less I have the camera set on P and I take pictures. I am not great ar reading the manuals LOL, so I thought some of you more experienced people could give me a quick hand.

Bigmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:50 AM   #2

in P mode I recommend setting the ISO to 80 or 100 if possible - NOT in Auto Iso
donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 5:08 PM   #3

I use P mode almost exclusively if not using something from the mode dial. I don't usually have time to fiddle with setting in Tv or Av unless I know in advance my subject and it is going to "stay put". If not sure about exposure I use braketing for 3 shots after setting my choice of WB.

beegjay is offline   Reply With Quote