Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 15, 2003, 8:35 AM   #1
Default E22 error

Almost buying de S400 i stumbled on this posting on dpreview.com:

If you donít care carrying multiple Compact Flash in you pocket, then buy this camera. Otherwise, re-consider.

I found out that the Canon S400 does not support memory card bigger than 256MB.

If a card bigger than 256MB is placed in the camera, the camera will format the card successfully and it will save all pictures without issues until the card reaches 256MB of images. Once it reaches this number it will display a memory card error every time the shoot button is pressed and the picture is not saved. If you keep trying, the LCD in the camera will display E22, indicating an internal error as published by Canon in Powershot.com. This error message will disappear in about two seconds.

You may think that everything is fine after the error message ďE22Ē disappear from the screen and you will continue shooting. If this is the case, then say good bye to your picture because the camera will start to overwrite and corrupt all your previous pictures in the card. I hope this does not happen in a very especial ocassion.

I notified this issue to Canon and they reply that they donít do testing of the cameras on memories higher then 256MB.

This problem has also been identified in the S45, and G2 models."

Are there other people experiencing this???

shizuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links