Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:17 PM   #1

Hi there, i am seriously thinking about getting the canon 430 EX for my camera but have a question...i have been reading up on it and realize the benefits of indoor photography and fill flash in daylight, but what i am not sure of is how it would affect my nightime pics....We are headed to DL in a few weeks, and am wondering if the flash would help me at all in my pics there in the dark...Also, is it a huge help indoors taking action shots...my oldest daughter cheerleads and my son plays hockey and of course, getting great shots indoors is difficult(without a dslr)...i just wondered if it would help with these pics also...my youngest daughter plays soccer outdoors, thankfully i can get great pics already here...thanks of any and all advice of buying this flash...for the amount of money i just want to make sure it is really worth it...

jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2007, 8:41 AM   #2

Hi Sharon!

I own the S5 and the 430EX and absolutely recommend this combo! Cam and flash work perfectly together. I did the shooting at a big family event (60 ppl) recently (this gave me the reason to buy the Speedlite ), mostly bouncing the flash, pictures came out great (especially in combination here with face detection).

For night shots outdoors you may attach some kind of diffuser, there are lots of possibilities. The flash has way enough power and is *fast* !

I read about one little trick: bouncing the flash backwards over your head to ceiling - just try it in some cases. Bouncing works also great in Macro or Supermacro with the S5.

Edit: Forgot: Yes, the flash is worth it's price .

donato is offline   Reply With Quote