Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:44 AM   #11

I just purchased an A70 yesterday and have taken some pics but not many yet. It seems like a very nice camera, and was very hard to find in stock here in Clearwater, FL. Anyway, I wanted to note that the plastic area around the review/record switch that covers the LCD seems flimsy. Does any one else notice this? It is being nitpicky I guess, but when you press on the clear plastic that covers the LCD in that top right hand cover it seems a bit loose. Also, can some folks here post links to the pics from A70 with noise in them? Thank you very much!
PJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:12 AM   #12
Default night shots with a70

Originally Posted by mkoso
You can check out some pics I took at night too in the section entitled Wildwood '03.
What settings do you use to take the scenic night shots? Do you just turn off the flash and use auto-mode? I know that the night-shot mode is meant for close subjects and a dark background. But what if the whole scene is relatively dark, like the amusement park ride picture?
humbads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2003, 5:52 PM   #13

They actually were taken in the program mode with the flash off. I wanted to see what the camera was capable of. The ISO was 50, at f2.8 and 1/3 sec for the shutter. I was trying to get something so I could hand hold it fairly steadily.

mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2003, 6:12 AM   #14
Default Some critics about the A60

I do love my A60 but I have to say that the quality of building (? sorry for my english) is bad, the display screen is easely scratched (striped?) and there are shadows on the corners of the pics... rather weird!
I must admit that I use my camera in hard conditions.
Texarcana is offline   Reply With Quote