Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 21, 2003, 9:51 AM   #1
Default A60 / A70 Telephoto add on questions

(Also posted at Canon Lenses)

I have an A70 and am looking to add a telephoto - is there much difference in the ones out there? Anyone use these and have preferences for best quality / value? Do these add ons work well or are there compromises? I would ideally like to get a 3x or greater, but have only seen a 2x and 2.5x, is there an optical issue which limits greater magnification because of the add-on nature (do they increase noticable distortion)?

This is a neat camera, and the ability to use it in a compact mode for general use and adding a telephoto seems intriguing. Any advice would be appreciated :roll:
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2003, 3:39 PM   #2
Default Me too

I'd love to know this too. Are the canon lenses that are made for the a70 any better (they sure cost more) than other brands. I'm thinking about getting canons close up lens too but it's pretty pricy compared to a set of sunpack close up filters. Anyone have any of these canon lenses? :?:
Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 8:29 AM   #3

I would say if youíre near to a camera supply shop with a great return policy, I say try some different lenses. For the all around price and a great deal I would say sunpak. I have the sunpak close up set, polar filter and UV.

However, I recently bought a UV lens filter (sunpak) for about 20 bux. The only thing wrong with it is the blues are too loud when having the sun as one of the primary subjects in a pic.... Iím going with a better quality lens this weekend.

I plan on getting a tele lens very soon. I will let you know how it goes.

shaunh is offline   Reply With Quote