Still learning

Colors Sample

No Flash...
ISO 800
Attached Images
S2Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:02 PM   #2

If you are shooting with a tripod under the P, Tv, or Av modes, then I'd suggest setting the camera for ISO 80 and use the 2 sec. timer. You will get the best quality image using ISO 80 followed by ISO 100. ISO settings after this begin to look more grainy. See for yourself by doing an ISO test. Using your tripod and timer and one of the modes I've listed (go with P mode for the time being) then take the exact same picture for every single ISO setting (in other words, keep all settings consistent and ONLY change the ISO) and then go back and view the image results on your computer, not the camera's LCD screen. You will see that the ISO 80 and 100 produce the best image results.

Now, if you are in a low light, non-tripod situation - then you'll need to use the higher ISO setting if you ARE NOT USING A FLASH. But if you are using the pop-up flash or hot shoe flash (430EX) then I'd suggest using ISO 80 or 100. The bottom line is that if you always want the best image quality then you need to always use ISO 80 (which is the least grainiest) but may not always work for your lighting situation. However, keep this in mind, if you are taking pictures of non-moving subjects (static pictures), then you can always use the tripod with the timer and with ISO 80 and one of the P, Tv, and Av modes.
Nathan Shane is offline   Reply With Quote