Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:07 AM   #1

In early December I bought an A570IS. When I was testing it I noticed on the low res screen that I always had a red pixel in low light conditions. Well, it so happened the cam was deffective. Also, the dead battery indicator came on after 50 pics which to me is not good, especially after that I took another 80 pics/vids before it was really dead.

So I brought the camera back to obtain another one. That one was good, no red pixels, but I found in low light mode that this camera did not perform as I wanted. I played with all the settings, even in program mode, it was disapointing. My A95 whips the A570 by far.

Now, I bring this one back and got the A720IS. Now, this camera works! Tested in very low light and the images are much better. The battery indicator come on WAY later even thought when it came on, I had taken +/- 100 pics with a few vids. At the end, when the batts dies, I had over 150 pics.

I also purchased rechargeable 2650mAh NiMH batteries and these seem to perform! Can't wait to take pictures in Mexico! Of cousre, my A95 is also coming with me as a backup!
Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links