Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 10, 2003, 12:15 AM   #1
Default Canon A70 have focusing problems?

I had a Canon A40 some time ago but sold it off immed becos os its poor focusing capability.

I am now comtemplating of getting the new A70. Does this has focusing problem in dim light condition? With the A40 I had in the past, it was frustrating trying to get a focus in indoor, the AF assist doesnt seems to help much!

The A40 and A70 appears to use the same lens, any kind owners here can advise me? BTW, I tried my friend's Olympus C300 and it focuses much easier even without any AF assist features.
melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2003, 2:58 AM   #2

I have had my A70 for nearly 4 months. I think the AF works just fine every time. If the picture is not sharp, it's because the motive was not inside the AF-frame!

If you like, you can see a small selection of my pictures here:

Or one of the many reviews, like:
(Look at the samples in original size. No focus problem here!).
Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2003, 2:40 PM   #3

I'll second what fly said. I've had no problems focusing except on a rare occasion and I think all digicams have a bad shot now and then. On the A40, the flash doubled as an AF lamp and on the A70, there's a seperate AF lamp instead of using the flash. Perhaps this is the reason for the improvement in low light focusing??
I too have some pics in the link below. Everything except the "Older Pics" are A70 shots

mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote