Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:08 PM   #1

Greetings: we just noticed that my Canon G7 makes a soft clicking noise when in the Sports Action mode. When I press the shutter down to focus, the noise stops. When I switch to another mode, it stops. When I switch back to Sports mode, it starts up again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Fourwoods
fourwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:21 AM   #2

I dont have a clue about the G7, but might it be that in sports-mode it uses continous focusing?
sebastianr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:43 PM   #3

I was thinking that too. You can go in the menu of your G7 and turn on "continuous focus" or whatever it may be called. If the camera then always makes this sound, that may be the source. Either way, I wouldn't be too worried about it...
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:32 PM   #4

it's probably the aperture opening & closing depending on the amount of light falling on it. And this only turns on in sports mode because the camera wants to get the exposure right before it actually needs to take a picture, so it constantly prepares as you move the camera. I bet it stops if you turn off the LCD, or don't move the camera. This is a 'feature' of most Canon digicams.
whyzor is offline   Reply With Quote