Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 19, 2008, 5:24 PM   #21

dblml320 wrote:
Well I guess as I mentioned earlier I owned one. The TX1 is a remarkable camera, I think the best thing to say about it is this: what is does well, it does very well .. in my case outside still image photography and video in good light were very good, but what it does bad, the LCD and low light photos and videos, it does very poor.

If I wanted to have multiple cameras I would have kept the TX1. As you suggest the build quality is quite good, but these days I want one device to do it all.

Since point and shoots are coming from all manufacturers with HD video and 16:9 shooting, I am sure Canon will introduce new cameras with these capabilities, and soon. I would have thought PMA would have been the time. When is the next photography exposition?
I think there's something called Photokina in September. I wish our government could keep secrets the way Canon does.

I have the TX1 and it's a super camera for me,.....as long as I have time and pay attention to what I'm doing. The TX1 is a "two hands for beginners" camera and the tiny LCD is a serious shortfall. If it had a viewfinder and handled better it would be perfect. Of course, it could then be called the A730 or something like that.

Till something newer hits the streets, I can live with the TX1. Getting there is not that easy but the results are worth the trouble.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:08 AM   #22

Another TX-1 lover here. Great wee camera/HD-recorderfor it's price to take anywhere. All up very happy with the features and compromises that Canon chose to make with it.

Looks like it is being discontinued, and I have seen some end-of-stock prices around (I recently bought mine this way). From serial numbers it seems thatonlymaybe 5to 10thousand were made worldwide - so not a great seller.
onetimeonly is offline   Reply With Quote