Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:52 PM   #1

I've come down to the wire on this, read all the reviews here and on other websites and STILL can not determine which is the better choiceof the two. I haven't seen that many user reviews for either, but I need a camera that takes good pix in low light, has stabilization, prefer a viewfinder and is small enough to pack in my small bag. While I don't need 12 mp, I've heard the large file size makes cropping no problem. Additionally I've read the 950 has a real slow shutter response time. I'vebeen led to believe thatCanon is the overall best in image quality. I'm a former SONY user, and would buy the same except the current top model has received dismal ratings for low light photography. Any help pro or con for either camera would be SO APPRECIATED. I'm off on a trip in a month and this is my B-daygift! Thanks.
knish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:47 AM   #2

I bought the SD850. To me its primary advantage over Canon's other super compact (SD series)cameras is the extra zoom range.

If I had needed just the ubiquitous 3x zoom, I would have bought one of Canon's more squared off boxy SD models, which are even smaller.

I noticed that my SD850 has a slower shutter response time when the red eye eliminator is turned on.

Digital camera hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/digicam.htm

ajaynejr is offline   Reply With Quote