Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 16, 2003, 11:53 AM   #1
Default A60 zoom

I have just purchased an A60 and I am very happy with it apart from the zoom. When taking a photo I have to set the zoom to it's 3x maximum so that the subject is relative to it's distance from the camera. Without the zoom it appears that I am taking a picture of something much further away. This seems to defeat the purpose of paying extra money for a camera with an optical zoom or maybe im doing something wrong as a newby to digital photography. It doesn't appear to be a one off as this is my 2nd A60 because I took the 1st one back thinking it was faulty. Can anyone advise me . Thanks
stewart8199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:40 AM   #2

i have an A70 and know what you mean. but when the camera is not zoomed at all it is effactivly a wide angle lens. which is 35mm
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:21 PM   #3

Wide angle capability is just as important in a camera as telephoto is. It would be hard to take landscape and scenic shots without it. Some digital cameras are even more wide angle at the widest setting. The lens that is bundled with the new canon 300d (1000$ slr) is 18mm-55mm, whereas the a60 is 35mm-105mm. Have you considered a teleconverter?
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote