Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:05 PM   #11

Or would it be best to invest in a flash?
ChristyKay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:19 PM   #12

One more question - is BuyDig a reputable dealer? How can they sell the S5 for $306 when everyone else is selling it for at last $327 up to $350?

Thanks again.
ChristyKay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 3:17 PM   #13

The S-5 does not do well indoors without the external flash (usually the Canon EX-430). If that expense is too much then perhaps we ought to talk about a different camera.

You mention "Children's Sports and Activities." That is going to require a high ISO settings to get the shutter speeds you need to stop action. Keep in mind that the Canon S-5 does best at ISO 200 and below.

I am not just throwing stuff out at you and you may think that I have no experience. However, I am a professional digital camera instructor, I have written 4 digital camera books and I teach for Canon, Nikon and Kodak, as well as on cruise ships around the world.

www.buydig.com is a very repuitable dealer and you can trust them. I have ordered lots of cameras from them and have had great service. Remember however, that they do have a restocking charge, if you do return a camera. I ordered a Fuji S-8000 from them last night so that I could take advantage of the Fuji $50 Rebate that expires on 03/31.

If you are wondering where I have been? I just returned last night from Sydney, Australia, and I will leave again in36 days again to get a cruise ship repositioned to Stockholm, Sweden.

Let's see if we can get you the correct camera for the kind of photos that you want to take. So please tell us in more detail about the kinds of photos you have in mind. I have attached a sample indoor flash photo made with the Sony H-3 that has a good flash range.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:02 PM   #14

i just found a little something on ebay that i thought was really cool to have,
its a little motion detector alarm that locks onto your camera bag. something
small, simple and cheap so im gonna get a few of these, very cheap insurance
if it works good!

Northerner26 is offline   Reply With Quote