Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:56 PM   #1

I have some more queries :-
1) I bought a case logic case which is an exact fit (by this i mean i can wrap the camera in the cloth like material that comes along with the cam n put it in ...) theres is very liistle space .. so is this alrite or should i get a bigger case coz i would be takin this to the himalaya.

2) i also wanted to know since i would be goin for a long time to the himalayas is there anyway i could transfer my pics into an external hard disk directly from the cam or i need to carry alot of cards?

3) also the cam doesnt display how much more battery life is left, do ya know how i can show that? and plus in the battery compartment there is this another battery CR1220, wat is the purpose of this?
surdy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:21 AM   #2

I have no answer to your first query, nor to the second one although I think I read somewhere about hard disk in which you can insert the SD card to transfer the files.

Regarding batteries, generally battery life displays are not very reliable and you should always ave a spare set of batteries with you. The purpose of the CR1220 battery is to keep time data. User manual is not clear about what happens when that battery dies except that time and date are lost. Can the camera still work, but with a wrong time setting ? I don't know, but it is easy to have a spare CR 1220 battery with you.

Have a nice trip.
dmau58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:55 AM   #3

1) I wouldn't worry about the tight fit. Although, if this is your only camera, you may put it in another case if you're using backpacks and so on, just in case it gets a nasty knock.

2) There are many solutions to back up your memory cards on the go:

And there are many, manyothers. I use a Wolverine unit. Only problem is, every now and then you need to plug them into an outlet to recharge them. Not sure if you will have access to power on your trip. I would definitely stock up on some 4GB SDHC memory cards. If you buya fewof these:

you'll be able to store quite a few shots.

3) The only way you'll get exact battery life is to install the CHDK hack on your A720is. See this forum, there are a bunch of discussions about it. If I was you, and there's a possibility of not being near electricity, I would think about gettinga bunch ofSanyo Eneloop NiMH rechargeables and a solar charger:

Michi is offline   Reply With Quote