Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 8, 2008, 12:48 AM   #1

I bought a 720IS to compare images and operation to my recently purchased SX100

I don't see any noticeable difference in IQ but have posted the pictures to Flikr and someone who has a better idea of what to look for might see something and I would welcome an experts opinion. I was quite surprised how bright the inside room picture was when taken without flash. While light was coming in from the shutters in the window if using the room we would have needed a light on.

I posted the pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/2276034...7605492917619/

I find I prefer the controls and other features on the SX100 over the 720. The camera feels more solid and the zoom being 10x is a bonus. The LCD also has higher resolution. I am also believe you get less red eye probably because the flash is twice as high above the lens. Downside is the lack of a viewfinder but so far I have not needed it.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:54 AM   #2

Hi Goldberry,

Before buying A720 IS I was thinking about choosing an SX 100 instead. The only one Ithing that finally deterred me was the lack of optical view finder fearing that in bright sunlight I wouldn't be able to define the subjectmatter.

Do you have any problems with missing the optical view finder?

Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote