Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 10, 2008, 1:08 AM   #1

I just spent over an hour trying to put CHDK on my memory card just to discover that it won't work on the Sandisk Ultra II USB card! :lol:

I struggled getting through the whole ordeal. When it came to the part of reformatting the card at 0x40 pt 64 and then typing 'BOOTDISK' I was not sure where to type. Does anyone know what I am talking about? I used the free HxD Hex Editor.

There was a very helpful (well helpful) guide that walks you through it and I just threw myself into it and did okay until that part. Iwent to the end of the row that had 4o on it and typed 'BOOTDISK' Then saved the new file and put on card. THEN, I read where that particular card won't work. I will try again with another card.

Does it have to be so hard to get this program on a card? Whew! I'm still nervous! LOL

HXD Hex Editor
applemac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:54 AM   #2

There is a MUCH easier way. Use Card Tricks from here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,964.0.html

After selecting your Card Letter, Click Formats as FAT than Click Make Bootable, then just copy the DISKBOOT.BIN file to the card that you can download from here http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/autobuild/download.htm.

I havn't tried a Sandisk Ultra II but I have tried this on a transcend 2 gig, kingston 2gb MINISD, and I'm using it on a Sandisk UltraIII 2Gig at the moment.
stevvie is offline   Reply With Quote