Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:34 AM   #1

I just have to ask this because I can't find it in the manual. In the bottom right of the lcd screen there appears to be a hand next to a camera imagae and right below movie camera image. I thought it might have something to do with audio, but it stays there no matter what audio changes I make. It's driving me crazy what is it? Thanks.
madpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:53 PM   #2

Here's the manual:

The hand means that the image stabilizer is on. It's supposed to be a shaking hand I guess...
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Default canon s5is - little hand lower corner

This hand you are referring too means antishake. It's annoying yes, but I dont think you can remove it. You should carefully go through the menus and set everything you want to run, and not the folder tabs in the menu section. You mentioned audio. You get audio automatically when you are using the video. ON my s2is, the video button is on top in front I beleive. Not looking at it now. You cannot do just audio from what I know. Just photo or video. Video does come out decent. I just bought a Canon 40d........sweet camera, but I also want to get the s5is as a side camera. It may be point and shoot, but it kicks arse for point and shoot. Very crisp. Nice. The only thing I found annoying is when you try to do macro, the macro lags with the focusing part.
fotogirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote