Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 22, 2003, 6:46 AM   #1
Default G2 completly dead ?!?

G2 completely dead ?!?

Couple of days ago I was shooting some pictures during hiking trip in the Low Tatras NP. Suddenly, without any warning about low battery level, the camera went off :shock: . I tried to turn it on, but the camera did not react at all . At the first moment I thought that lithium-ion battery is exhausted. At home I plugged the camera to the charger, but the situation did not change, the camera behaved as it was "off" (the indicator next to the viewfinder did not light) . After that I cleaned contacts of the battery (maybe they could be dirty), put the battery back to the camera but it did not help. I measured the voltage of the battery, it was 8.1 V which is a little bit less (should be 9.5 V), but I am not sure if this difference in voltage can have such a drastic effect/influence on the camera. Moreover, At the day When the camera was used, the battery had been freshly charged ... I really do not understand what happened to my G2. It seems to me that this problem is not so easy I saw it at the beginning.
Please, does anybody know this problem with G2 and can advise me what to do ?
Does anybody have the technical diagram of the Powershot G2 ?
Thanks for any advice,

Tricho (alias Martin)

P.S. sorry for my english, I am not from english speaking country.
Tricho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2003, 5:45 PM   #2

Tricho, you really do need to contact a Canon service center. Hopefully, your camera is still under warrenty, so don't waste time.

Good luck.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote