Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 30, 2002, 6:58 PM   #1
Default Help with a Digital Elph S100 - New S200 worth it?

I have been a happy owner of a Canon Digital Elph for 18 months. The other day I got it *slightly* wet (in a rain storm) and now the LCD is not working. Has anyone else experienced this? What is the estimated cost to fix this?

I am also contemplating just buying a new camera. The small size of the Elph is very appealing to me, and so the new S200 seems like a logical choice. I was very impressed with the S100's build quality and durability. Does the S200 continue this tradition? The one thing that I was perhaps not entirely pleased with was the color quality of the old Elph; colors seemed slightly bland (not really noticeable unless you compared prints with those of a film camera). Is the S200 improved in this regard? Any other cameras I should consider (e.g. Kyocera)?

Ultrarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2002, 11:28 PM   #2

I had an S100 and sold it earlier this year and bought the S330. The improvement in color is great. I think the S200 is suppose to be the same. If size is the big issue for you then stick with the S200. I wanted a little more zoom so I went for the S330. The build quality is great, just like my S100. I think you will be very happy with the S200.

I have no idea how much it would cost to fix your S100, but my guess is that it will not be worth it, close to the cost of the S200.

eshropshire is offline   Reply With Quote