Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 9, 2003, 5:05 PM   #1
Default Canon Digital Rebel or Canon 300D Digital Rebel, the same?

I am in the process of getting the digital rebel. I was about to order one at a online store that had the 300D model rebel for $789.00 for the kit. Before I purchased it I went to E-Bay. There was a dealer who said there are two different models, one is the digital rebel a USA market model and a 300D digital rebel a overseas or earlier model. Are there two different Rebels out there and the Company that has the great deal is AMPHOTOWORLD.COM.
Has any one had any dealings with this firm. I do not want to throw money away on seconds.

Thanks for any help or advise
carlsgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:50 PM   #2

It most certainly is not an "earlier model". That is completely bogus.

If you check Steve's review of the digital rebel:

You'll see that they are same camera. I know that one of the names is used in the US, and one in the rest of the world. I believe the Digital Rebel is the US name, but I'm not sure.

As for the company, it isn't listed on www.resellerratings.com, so that would scare me. Personally, I stick with the good reputable companies and don't bottom feed. Often the lower end stores are a ripoff (they do a strong push to sell overpriced add-ons, they pretend it isn't in stock unless you buy things separately that should actually come with it. Stuff like that.)

I would recommend www.bhphoto.com or www.adorama.com. B&H is the largest seller of photo and video equipment in the entire US. They have a very good rep and great prices.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote