Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:58 PM   #1
Default Are Panasonic's photos dull compared to Canon's?

I'm considering purchasing the ZS3 (TZ7) or one of the Canon range (SD780/SD940/SD980).
What I'd like to know from people who have used any of these cameras is if the ZS3's photos are a little dull in color in comparison to the Canon's? The reason I ask is that I recently had the FS15 and found the photos lacked vibrancy in colours (the pictures generally appeared dull) and this was the main factor I didn't like.
Your thoughts on this appreciated and any particular reason to choose one over the other.
drkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2009, 9:59 PM   #2

I have had several canon A-series P&S as well as Panasonic Fx150 that is more pocketable with many better features than my A-series Canons offer. I have also used other Panasonics. In general, Panos have a lot of nice features that Canon P&Ss may not have including better pictures at lower light. However, when it comes to image quality, colors and pixel level details, they cannot even come close to Canon.

I was disappointed in Canon for not packaging its high image quality in better featured P&S compact cameras until Canon responded by its recent S90 design. You may want to consider buying S90.
Anour is offline   Reply With Quote