Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:03 PM   #1
Default SD940IS compared to the SD880IS?

I was hoping to find a SD880IS...good ole' canon discontinues the great ones quickly (like my A650IS that was just stolen)...

How does the SD940IS stack up? Some reviews showed it cycling very slowly between shots. I can't find one locally.

I do like the idea of HD video, but 640x480 is nice already.

I am looking for a 24-28mm ultra compact with 3x-4x zoom. The SD9XX series at close to 4" wide are a bit more compact than ultra compact to me.

I will more than likely end up with a G11 for critical shots, and just have the SD around always.

I had a SD450 prior (it was also stolen when our house was broken into).

alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:22 AM   #2

I had an SD880IS and was impressed with the photo image quality until my camera started having issues due to the Optical Sensor. Canon offered me a comparable of the SD940 and the SD980IS. However, in reading reviews of the SD980IS and not liking the size of the SD940 I opted to order the G11. If you liked the feel and weight of the SD880, I don't think you'll like the SD940...I found it too light.

From my understanding the S90 is something to look at as well. Also, if the touch screen of the SD980 throws you off a bit, the SD960 is virtually the same camera and slightly cheaper (from my understanding).

However, again, the G11 seems to stand out from the pack.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote