Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:31 AM   #1
Default Canon SX10 Questions

Hey I have an Canon SX10IS and am very happy with the picture quality and the superzoom that it has.

I have 4 questions that i wanted to ask.

1. I was recently at a wedding and noticed that all of the Professional Photographers were using flashes on their Hot Shoe, camera was a nikon d300 idk lens... Can someone post some pics of the camera taking a pic with a normal built in flash, and then one with an external flash, i really want to know the differences..Preferably taken on the SX10, and please post what model flash it is aswell.

2. I want a Halogen mount light that would most likely mount on the hot shoe and i would have to plug it into the wall for power to shoot light up on a ceiling in small rooms to light it up, instead of exterior sunlight. ANyone know of a cheap solution to this? Or even LED would work, just has to be really bright

3. I take photographs for hotels in my area on occasions and I do 360degrees virtual tours of the rooms and common areas. I was wondering if their is any decent add on lens (fisheye) that would make my job much easier. The current panoramas I take normally mess up on horizontal match up with the software and i have to retake the pictures until i get it right, and i do use a tripod.
I also want the user the be able to see much more of the top and bottom of the room rather then just a straight shot so more vertical.

4. When taking videos with the SX10, if its just someone dancing on stage, and im holding the camera still, after a while it just looses focus for a few seconds and then comes back, how can i fix this?

Thanks Everyone

Last edited by ap0091; Jan 7, 2010 at 6:45 AM.
ap0091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:01 PM   #2

3 look at:
and as software google autopano, the canon sw is very basic

4 happens when the focus gets lost. focus lock (manual focus) is your friend here
SONY HX9V insider
costa is offline   Reply With Quote